THE Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, (LP) in the 2023 general elections, Mr. Peter Obi, and his running mate, Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, in collaboration with the party, have released a 72-paged manifesto which is titled “Pact with Nigeria”
The 72-paged manifesto, which was disclosed to the general public on Saturday night by the party, contains the seven top areas of concentration for Peter Obi if elected President in the forthcoming general elections.
According to the manifesto, Obi has promised Nigeria competency and honesty in his administration as well as his commitment to delivering the 7 key important agendas namely: Security, economy, restructuring, infrastructure, war against corruption.
In his words, the former Anambra governor said: “As your President, I Peter Gregory Onwubuasi Obi, my Vice President, Yusuf Datti Baba- Ahmed and our team pledge to: Secure and unite our dear nation, and manage our diversity such that no one is left behind in Nigeria.
• Move Nigeria from consumption to production.
• Embark on comprehensive legal and institutional reforms and practicable restructuring measures, to fight corruption; to ensure the enthronement of the rule of law, and decisively tackle all forms of corruption.
• Prioritize Human Capital Development through robust investments in STEM education, health, and infrastructural development, with emphasis on wealth creation, distribution and sustainable development.
• Engineer the transition of Nigeria from fossil fuel dependency to climate and eco-friendly energy use.
• Pursue holistic poverty eradication with emphasis on agricultural revolution through effective utilization of our vast arable lands, particularly in Northern Nigeria, and erase Nigeria’s categorization as the poverty capital of the world.
• Improve access to finance, particularly to MSMEs, youths and women, to significantly reduce unemployment and insecurity.
• Ensure that in policy and practice, governance will be made more inclusive, cost-effective, transformative, and less transactional. No more sharing of the national wealth by a few.”
The LP presidential candidate also promised to “Ensure that our diversity will be leveraged to give women and youths, the aged and persons with disabilities, an unfettered voice in governance, and a renewed sense of patriotism and faith in Nigeria.
“Ensure that Nigeria is progressively better governed through legislative, executive, and judicial reforms, so that the constitutional separation of powers among the three arms of government is entrenched and the three tiers of government allowed to function independently and jointly for a more inclusive and sustainable Nigeria.“
Leave a Reply