Apple has launched the iOS 16.4 update and new features like voice isolation for calls, sets of emojis, web push notifications, VoiceOver support for maps and more have been made available to users.
To get the latest version, users are to go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Here are some of the new features that have been added to the update:
21 new emojis
The iOS 16.4 update has added 21 new emojis to iOS device.
The new emojis include a shaking face, blue, ash and pink heart, a WiFi icon amongst others.
Although voice isolation worked on iOS 15 since 2021, only FaceTime calls feature was available. But, the latest version of iOS 16.4, users can now access the voice isolation feature on cellular calls.
Voice isolation can help iOS 16.4 callers a better background for their calls by isolating background noises and ensuring that sounds from the background do not affect the person you’ve on call with.
Apple Podcasts updates
With the latest update on the Apple Podcasts, users can now see the different networks that have subscribed to by checking the Channels tab in their Library.
According to Apple, this is what is included in the latest 16.4 update:
• 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
• Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
• Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
• Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared PhotoLibrary
• VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
• Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
• Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
• Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
• Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone14 Pro models